Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Brand New Bad Idea!!

Assuming that I've convinced you that pianos are indeed on the path to extinction, my next goal is to figure out who to blame for their decline. I intend to take a close look at every aspect of owning a piano and studying the instrument until I have enough facts to make a case against someone or something for this distressing situation, and that's going to take me a while.

Meanwhile, here's something to think about: A new idea that will make learning how to play the piano simple!!! and easy!! (That is, if it doesn't electrocute you.)

www.concerthands.com

This contraption will completely inhibit very important motions that need to be learned in order to play; namely, the "in" and "out," (arm moving forward and back,) and the rotation, (forearm turning left and right.)

People have tried for years to shortcut the process of learning piano. Although I very much believe that there is a more expedient path to pianistic achievement, 46 years of playing experience tells me that Concert Hands is NOT what we're looking for.

Pass it on: don't waste your money or your time. But, if you see one at a county fair or at a music store exhibit, do check it out: Who knows? the electrical stimulation might give your fingers magic powers. Now that WOULD be something, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment